How to make PCB quickly
Summary of content: With the continuous improvement of electronic communication technology, more and more traditional circuit board manufacturing methods are far from meeting this high-speed development era. I want to really produce high precision, high performance, and cost savings. PCB circuit board, which is undoubtedly the biggest challenge for circuit design engineers.
First: Method of making circuit board quickly
There are many methods of making and processing circuit boards, but the main methods of production are physical methods and chemical methods:
Physical method: By using various knives and power tools, manually etch away unnecessary copper on the circuit board.
Chemical method: By covering a blank copper-clad board with a protective layer and removing unnecessary copper in a corrosive solution, it is the method used by most developers. There are a variety of methods for covering the protective layer, mainly including the most traditional manual lacquering method, the method of pasting customized stickers, the method of film photosensitivity, and the thermal transfer printing PCB method that has only been developed in recent years.
Painting by hand: Use a brush or hard pen to draw the shape of the circuit by hand on a blank copper-clad board. After drying, you can put it in the solution and directly etch.
Stickers: There are various stickers on the market that are made into strips and discs. Different blanks can be combined on a blank circuit board according to needs, and can be corroded after being tightly adhered.
Film photosensitivity: Print the PCB circuit board image on the film through a laser printer. The blank copper clad board is pre-coated with a layer of photosensitive material (the coated copper clad board is sold on the market), and exposed, developed, fixed, and cleaned in a dark room environment. Corrosion in solution afterwards.
Thermal transfer: Print the circuit directly on a blank circuit board through a thermal transfer printer, and then put it in an etching solution to etch.
Second: advantages and disadvantages of two methods of rapid circuit board production
Physical method: This method is laborious and has low accuracy, and only relatively simple lines can be used. The main disadvantages are labor-consuming and time-consuming, the accuracy is not easy to control, and there is irrecoverability, which requires high operation requirements. At present, few people have adopted it.
Chemical method: The process is relatively complicated, but the accuracy is controllable. It is currently the most widely used rapid board-making method, but there are still many problems.
1) Printing accuracy depends on the accuracy of the printer cartridge used. Printers with poor performance print uneven lines, which can easily cause disconnection and adhesion during the corrosion process.
2) The exposure and development time of the photosensitive plates are not easy to control, and the optimal exposure time for each batch of plates will be different, and it will take a lot of trial and error to master.
3) It is difficult to control the corrosion process: a single piece of corrosion board cannot be equipped with professional control equipment used in mass production by a circuit board factory, and the temperature, concentration and acidity of the corrosion solution will have a greater impact on the corrosion quality. If you want to make a good circuit board, you must have multiple experiences. Otherwise, the scrapping of the materials is very serious.
4) Photosensitive plates have high environmental requirements, and must be stored in all black and low temperature conditions, and the exposure process must also be performed in dark room conditions.
5) Silver salts (photosensitive materials) and copper salts (corrosion products) are toxic. Care must be taken during the corrosion process. It is difficult to wash with personal or clothing. For environmental reasons, the waste liquid treatment after corrosion is more troublesome.
6) The etched finished board must be manually worked, and it is difficult to control the accuracy of manual drilling.
At present, the production of circuit boards for electronic products such as electronic products, automobiles, and medical products has strict requirements on process and speed. Therefore, as a circuit design engineer, it is necessary to have a solid and solid circuit production foundation and skilled Operation skills, and slowly accumulate and summarize.