PCBA processing, layout design of reflow soldering surface components
Reflow soldering has good processability, and there is no special requirement for the layout position, direction and spacing of components. The layout of components on the reflow soldering surface mainly considers the requirements of the solder paste printing stencil window to the component spacing, inspection and rework...
Reflow soldering has good processability, and there is no special requirement for the layout position, direction and spacing of components. The layout of the components on the reflow soldering surface mainly considers the requirements of the solder paste printing stencil window to the component spacing, the space requirements for inspection and rework, and the process reliability requirements.
1. Surface mount components forbidden cloth area.
1 conveying edge (edge parallel to the conveying direction), the distance side 5mm range is the forbidden zone. 5mm is a range that is acceptable for all SMT equipment.
2 Non-transport side (edge perpendicular to the conveying direction), 2~5mm from the side is the forbidden area. In theory, components can be laid out to the side. However, due to the edge effect of the deformation of the steel mesh, it is necessary to set up a forbidden area of 2~5mm or more to ensure that the thickness of the solder paste meets the requirements.
3 Any kind of components and their pads cannot be laid out in the area where the transfer is prohibited. In the non-transfer edge prohibiting area, the layout of surface mount components is mainly prohibited, but if it is necessary to lay out the components, the process requirements of anti-wave soldering up to tin tooling should be considered.
2. Components should be arranged as regularly as possible.
The positive electrode of the polar component, the notch of the IC, etc. are uniformly placed upward and leftward. Regular arrangement is convenient for inspection, which is beneficial to increase the speed of the patch.
3. The components are laid out as evenly as possible.
Uniform distribution is beneficial to reduce the temperature difference on the surface of the reflow soldering, especially the large layout of large-size BGA, QFP, PLCC, which will cause local low temperature of the PCB.
4. The spacing (interval) between components is mainly related to the requirements of welding operation, inspection, and repair space.
For special needs, such as the installation space of the radiator and the operation space of the connector, please design according to actual needs.
5. Double-sided reflow-welded boards (such as double-sided full SMD boards, mask-selectively welded double-sided panels) are usually the first to solder the number of components and the lesser type (Bottom surface).
This surface is subjected to a secondary reflow soldering process in which components with few pins and relatively heavy and relatively high components cannot be placed. The general experience is a BGA device placed on a Bottom surface. The maximum gravity that the weld can withstand is 0.03gmm' and the remaining package is 0.5gmm'.
6. Avoid double-sided mirror mounting BOA design as much as possible.
According to relevant experimental research, the reliability of such design solder joints is reduced by about 50%.
7. Reflow soldering is supplied quantitatively, so punching holes in the pads should be avoided. Plating Over Filled Via (POFV) can be used if desired.
8. BGA, chip capacitors, crystal oscillators and other stress-sensitive devices should be avoided in the layout of the separation edge or near the bridge, which is easy to bend the PCB when assembling.
The above is the industry consultation provided by smt patch processing factory Shenzhen Pengzexiang Technology Co., Ltd., I hope to help you! Please contact us if necessary: http://www.oem-pcb.com firstname.lastname@example.org