State Council issues "Outline of National IC Industry Development Promotion"
On June 24, the press conference of the National IC Industry Development Promotion Outline was held in Beijing. Relevant leaders of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, the National Development and Reform Commission, the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Science and Technology attended the meeting. The full text of the "National IC Industry Development Promotion Outline" is as follows:
The integrated circuit industry is the core of the information technology industry. It is a strategic, basic, and leading industry that supports economic and social development and safeguards national security. The current and future period is an important strategic opportunity period and a critical period for the development of China's integrated circuit industry. In order to accelerate the development of China's integrated circuit industry, this outline is formulated.
I. Status and situation
In recent years, with the market stimulus and policy support, China's integrated circuit industry has developed rapidly, and its overall strength has increased significantly. The gap between integrated circuit design and manufacturing capabilities and international advanced levels has continued to narrow. Packaging and testing technologies have gradually approached international advanced levels. Some key equipment and Materials are used in domestic and foreign production lines, and a number of key enterprises with a certain international competitiveness have emerged, and the industrial agglomeration effect has become increasingly apparent. However, the integrated circuit industry still has prominent problems such as difficulty in financing for chip manufacturing companies, weak continuous innovation capability, disconnected industrial development and market demand, lack of coordination in various links in the industrial chain, and inadequate policy environment to adapt to industrial characteristics. The level of industrial development and advanced countries There is still a large gap between regions (regions). IC products rely heavily on imports, which is difficult to form a strong support for building the national core competitiveness of the industry and ensuring information security.
At present, the global integrated circuit industry is entering a period of major adjustment and transformation. On the one hand, the global market structure is accelerating the adjustment, the investment scale is rising rapidly, and the market share is accelerating to concentrate on advantageous enterprises. On the other hand, mobile smart terminals and chips are experiencing explosive growth, new business formats such as cloud computing, the Internet of Things, and big data are developing rapidly, and new trends are emerging in the evolution of integrated circuit technology; China has the world's largest integrated circuit market, and market demand will continue Keep growing fast. Under the new situation, the development of China's integrated circuit industry is facing both huge challenges and rare opportunities. We should give full play to market advantages, create a good development environment, stimulate corporate vitality and creativity, drive coordinated and sustainable development of the industrial chain, and accelerate catch-up. And beyond the pace, and strive to achieve leapfrog development of the integrated circuit industry.
Second, the overall requirements
(1) Guiding ideology.
Guided by Deng Xiaoping Theory, the important thinking of the "Three Represents," and the scientific outlook on development, thoroughly study and understand the spirit of the 18th National Congress of the CPC and the 2nd and 3rd Plenary Sessions of the 18th Central Committee of the CPC and implement the decision-making arrangements of the Party Central Committee and the State Council. Make the market play a decisive role in the allocation of resources, better play the role of the government, highlight the dominant position of the enterprise, be demand-oriented, take the whole machine and system as the traction, design as the leader, manufacturing as the foundation, equipment and materials as the support, and technology as the support Innovation, model innovation, and institutional mechanism innovation are the driving forces to break the bottleneck of industrial development, promote key breakthroughs and overall improvement of the integrated circuit industry, and achieve leapfrog development, providing strong support for the transformation of economic development methods, national security and overall national strength.
(2) Basic principles.
Demand pull. Relying on market advantages, the key machine and information consumption needs of large-scale and wide-area vectors will improve the market adaptability and effective supply level of enterprises, and build a "chip-software-machine-system-system-information service" industrial chain.
Innovation-driven. Strengthen the status of enterprises as the mainstay of technological innovation, increase research and development efforts, combine with the implementation of major national science and technology projects, break through a batch of key integrated circuit technologies, and coordinately promote mechanism innovation and business model innovation.
Soft and hard combination. Strengthen the collaborative innovation of integrated circuit design and software development, promote the development of software with the improvement of hardware performance, promote the advancement of hardware technology with the optimization and upgrade of software, and promote the overall improvement of the development level of the information technology industry.
Key breakthroughs. Strengthen the combination of market demand and technology development to achieve rapid development in key areas involving national security and market potential and good industrial foundation.
Open development. Make full use of global resources, promote open and innovative development in all links of the industrial chain, strengthen international exchanges and cooperation, and enhance their position and influence in the global industrial competition landscape.
(3) Development goals.
By 2015, innovations in the development system and mechanism of the integrated circuit industry have achieved remarkable results, and a financing platform and policy environment that are compatible with the law of industrial development have been established. The sales revenue of the integrated circuit industry exceeded 350 billion yuan. Integrated circuit design technology in some key areas such as mobile intelligent terminals and network communications is close to the world-class level. 32/28 nanometer (nm) manufacturing process achieves mass production, sales of mid-to-high-end packaging test sales account for more than 30% of the total revenue of the packaging test industry, 65-45nm key equipment and 12-inch silicon wafers and other key materials are applied on the production line .
By 2020, the gap between the integrated circuit industry and the international advanced level will gradually narrow, and the industry's annual sales revenue will grow at an average rate of more than 20%, and the company's sustainable development capacity will be greatly enhanced. Integrated circuit design technologies in key areas such as mobile smart terminals, network communications, cloud computing, the Internet of Things, and big data have reached international advanced levels, and an industrial ecosystem has taken shape. The 16 / 14nm manufacturing process has achieved mass production, packaging and testing technology has reached international advanced levels, key equipment and materials have entered the international procurement system, and an integrated circuit industrial system with advanced technology and safety has been basically established.
By 2030, the main links of the integrated circuit industry chain will reach the international advanced level, and a number of companies will enter the first international echelon to achieve leapfrog development.
3. Main tasks and development priorities
(I) Focus on the development of integrated circuit design industry. Focusing on the industrial chain in key areas, we will strengthen integrated circuit design, software development, system integration, and collaborative innovation of content and services to drive the development of the manufacturing industry with the rapid growth of the design industry. Recently, it has focused on the field of mobile intelligent terminals and network communications. It has developed a large number of mobile intelligent terminal chips, digital TV chips, network communication chips, smart wearable device chips and operating systems to enhance the overall competitiveness of the information technology industry. Give play to the role of market mechanism, guide and promote the merger and reorganization of integrated circuit design enterprises. Accelerate the development of core technologies in emerging areas such as cloud computing, the Internet of Things, and big data. Develop key software such as information processing, new applications, sensors, and new storage based on new formats and basic operating systems such as cloud operating systems. Breaking out by key fields and categories, smart cards, smart grids, smart transportation, satellite navigation, industrial control, financial electronics, automotive electronics, medical electronics and other key integrated circuits and embedded software will be gradually improved to support the deep integration of informationization and industrialization.
(2) Accelerate the development of integrated circuit manufacturing. Seize the favorable opportunity of technological change, break through the bottleneck of investment and financing, and continue to promote the construction of advanced production lines. Speed up the expansion of 45 / 40nm chip production capacity, accelerate the construction of 32 / 28nm chip production lines, and quickly form a large-scale production capacity. Speed up the development of three-dimensional processes, and promote the construction of 22 / 20nm and 16 / 14nm chip production lines. Vigorously develop special special technology production lines such as analog and digital-analog hybrid circuits, micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS), high-voltage circuits, and RF circuits. Strengthen the comprehensive capabilities of chip manufacturing, improve the design level with the improvement of process capabilities, and promote the development of key equipment and materials with the construction of production lines.
(3) Improve the development level of advanced packaging and testing industry. Vigorously promote the merger and reorganization of domestic packaging and testing companies, and increase the concentration of the industry. To meet the needs of the evolution and upgrade of integrated circuit design and manufacturing process nodes, carry out the development and industrialization of advanced packaging and testing technologies such as chip-level packaging (CSP), wafer-level packaging (WLP), through-silicon vias (TSV), and three-dimensional packaging.
(4) Breakthrough of key equipment and materials for integrated circuits. Strengthen the integration of integrated circuit equipment, materials and processes, research and develop key equipment such as lithography machines, etching machines, ion implanters, develop key materials such as photoresist, large-size silicon wafers, and strengthen the integration of integrated circuit manufacturing enterprises and equipment and materials companies. Collaborate to speed up the process of industrialization and enhance the supporting capabilities of the industry.
Fourth, safeguard measures
(1) Strengthen organizational leadership. Establish a national integrated circuit industry development leading group, responsible for the overall coordination of the development and promotion of the integrated circuit industry, strengthen the top-level design, integrate and mobilize resources in all aspects, and solve major problems. Establish an advisory committee to carry out investigations and studies on major issues and policies and measures of industrial development, carry out demonstration and evaluation, and provide advisory recommendations.
(2) Establish a national industrial investment fund. The National Industrial Investment Fund (hereinafter referred to as the Fund) mainly attracts large enterprises, financial institutions and social funds, and focuses on supporting the development of industries such as integrated circuits and promoting industrial transformation and upgrading. The fund implements market-oriented operations and focuses on supporting the field of integrated circuit manufacturing, taking into account the design, packaging and testing, equipment, and materials links, and promoting enterprises to increase production levels, implement mergers and reorganizations, and standardize corporate governance to form a healthy self-development capability. Support the establishment of local integrated circuit industry investment funds. Encourage various types of venture capital and equity investment funds in society to enter the field of integrated circuits.
(3) Strengthen financial support. Actively give play to the complementary advantages of policy and commercial finance, support the Export-Import Bank of China to increase its service to integrated circuit enterprises within the scope of its business, and encourage and guide China Development Bank and commercial banks to continue to increase credit support for the integrated circuit industry Innovate credit products and businesses that meet the characteristics of the integrated circuit industry. Support integrated circuit companies to list and raise funds at home and abroad, issue various debt financing instruments, and accelerate development by relying on the national SME stock transfer system. Encourage the development of loan guarantee insurance and credit insurance business, and explore the development of insurance products and services suitable for the development of the integrated circuit industry.
(4) Implementing tax support policies. Further increase efforts to implement the "Notice of the State Council on Printing and Distributing Several Policies to Encourage the Development of the Software Industry and the Integrated Circuit Industry" (Guo Fa  No. 18) and the Notice of the State Council on Printing and Distributing Certain Policies to Encourage the Development of the Software Industry and the Integrated Circuit Industry (Guo Fa  No. 4), accelerate the formulation and improvement of relevant implementation rules and supporting measures, maintain policy stability, and implement preferential policies for corporate income tax on integrated circuit packaging, testing, special materials and equipment. Implement and improve tax policies such as corporate income tax, value added tax, and business tax that support the merger and reorganization of integrated circuit companies. Continue to implement import tax exemption policies for key components and raw materials of important integrated circuits, major technical equipment and products, as well as tax exemption policies for key equipment, components, and raw materials that cannot be produced in China for major science and technology projects, and adjust the list of tax-exempt imports in due course. Or directory.
(5) Strengthen the promotion and application of safe and reliable software and hardware. Organize and implement safe and reliable key software and hardware application promotion plans, and promote the use of advanced, safe, and reliable integrated circuits, basic software, and complete machine systems based on the principles of key breakthroughs, divisional deployment, and step-by-step implementation. The government procurement part of major information projects supported by the state's expanding domestic demand projects and financial support should purchase products based on safe and reliable software and hardware. Encourage basic telecommunications and Internet companies to purchase complete machines and systems based on safe and reliable software and hardware. Make full use of the policies and measures to expand information consumption, and promote the development and application of various terminals based on safe and reliable software and hardware. Facing emerging application areas such as mobile Internet, cloud computing, Internet of Things, and big data, accelerate the establishment of a standard system to support the development and application of secure and reliable software and hardware.
(6) Strengthening the construction of corporate innovation capabilities. Promote the formation of an upstream and downstream collaborative innovation system in the industrial chain to support the development of industrial alliances. Encourage enterprises to set up integrated circuit technology research institutions, cooperate with scientific research institutes and universities to carry out research and development of common key technologies before competition, introduce high-level overseas talents, and enhance the ability of sustainable industrial development. Strengthen the application and protection of intellectual property rights of integrated circuits, establish a national intellectual property risk management system for major projects, guide the establishment of intellectual property strategic alliances, and actively explore direct financing methods and asset management systems related to intellectual property. Accelerate the formation of standards in major areas of integrated circuit innovation and give full play to the role of technical standards.
(7) Strengthen the training and introduction of talents. Establish and improve the integrated circuit talent training system, support the development of microelectronics disciplines, and accelerate the construction and development of exemplary microelectronic colleges and microelectronic vocational training institutions through joint training of talents by universities and integrated circuit enterprises. Relying on the professional and technical personnel knowledge renewal project, extensive continuing education activities have been carried out, and various forms have been adopted to vigorously train and train high-level, urgently needed and backbone professional and technical personnel in the integrated circuit field. Carry out targeted overseas (boundary) training projects, and promote the construction of national software and integrated circuit talent international training bases. Strengthen the funding guarantee for software and integrated circuit talent introduction through existing channels. In the "Thousand Talents Plan", we will further increase support for the introduction of outstanding talents in the field of integrated circuits, and study and introduce preferential policies for outstanding entrepreneurs and high-quality technology and management teams. Support integrated circuit enterprises to strengthen cooperation with overseas R & D institutions. Improve the distribution and incentive mechanism that encourages innovation and creation, and implement the income distribution policies such as equity, option incentives, and rewards for scientific and technological personnel's transformation of scientific research results.
(8) Continue to expand opening up. Further optimize the environment, vigorously attract foreign (foreign) funds, technologies and talents, and encourage international integrated circuit enterprises to build R & D, production and operation centers in China. Encourage domestic integrated circuit enterprises to expand international cooperation, integrate international resources, and expand international markets. Give play to the role of cross-strait economic cooperation mechanisms and encourage cross-strait integrated circuit companies to strengthen technical and industrial cooperation.